Google Earth treasure hunt
- Changing the settings in Google Earth on web.
- Launch Google Earth on web.
- Menu > Settings > Latitude/Longitude formatting > Decimal
The answer you are looking for should fit in these boxes
Work out the letter associated with each of the clues below. This will give you four words. You will then be able to work out the answer that fits in the box above!
Letters needed for the first word of the clue (but not of the answer!)
- What letter look like this?
- Fly to 15.350000 N 44.200000 E – you are taken to the capital city of a country. You need the first letter of that country.
- The first letter of the island where King Edward Point is the capital.
- First letter of the island kingdom with the capital city of Nuku'alofa.
- Second letter of the river in this image:
- If you start at Nice, France and then travel east along the coast what is the first letter of the principality you arrive at after about 12 kilometres.
- Find the straight line distance from London’s Waterloo Station to Lords Cricket ground in kilometres. Count that many through the alphabet – you want that letter.
Letters needed for the second word of the clue
- The first letter of the name of the lake, which as the place of origin of Dragon boat racing, can be found at 29.310556 N 112.951389 E.
- What does 'Scoil Mhuire CBS, 34 Griffith Ave, Clontarf, Dublin 09, D09 V9R7, Ireland' look like?
Letters needed for the third word of the clue
- Fly to 3.15791705 N 101.7118781 E - you will find a major landmark. You need the first letter of its name.
- The first letter of what came from Luxor and can be found in the centre of Place de la Concorde in Paris.
- The first letter of the first name of the person who had the landmark at 27.174167 N 78.042222 E built.
- The French DOM Ile de la Réunion is in which ocean? You need the first letter of the name of that ocean.
- There is a 101 storey landmark skyscraper in Taipei. What is the first letter of its name?
- If you travel due east from the most westerly part of mainland Newfoundland and Labrador which country do you hit? First letter, please.
- Find the main line of latitude that passes through Angola, Zambia and Mozambique but not Zimbabwe. You need that letter from the alphabet.
- The Aswan Dam can be found at 23.97059064 N 32.87785861 E You need the first letter of the name of the lake that was created behind it.
- The first letter of the second word in the name of this landmark 39.991667 N 116.390556 E.
- The first letter of the name of the lake found at 42.15265596 -81.11349757.
- What connects Al Iskandariyah and Gibraltar? First letter of the name.
Letters needed for the fourth word of the clue
- How many countries border Bolivia? You need that letter of the alphabet.
- 9°N and 9°E puts you in which country? Again you need the first letter.
- The first letter of the name of the landmark at 33° 57’ 26.33” S, 18° 24’ 11.19” E.
- Aguas Calientes is a town in Peru. What the first letter of the name of the famous tourist attraction that lies 2.5 km SW from the town centre?
- First letter of the river that runs through Barnaul?
- The last letter of the capital of Bermuda.
- What does this look like?
- How many kilometres is it from the Sydney Opera House to Fort Denison? You need that letter of the alphabet.
- What is the first letter of the name of the island upon which the Statue of Liberty stands?