- Statement of inquiry
- What are the components of global population change?
- Aims of the lesson
- Investigating: Investigate the impact of a disease.
- Knowledge and understanding: Demonstrate knowledge about the impact of a disease upon populations.
- Communicating: Production of a revision guide style web page.
- Mind mapping task: Choose either HIV/AIDS or Malaria then brainstorm either 'The impacts of HIV/AIDS' or 'The impacts of Malaria'.
- Mind mapping task: highlight the parts of your mind map that show the 'impact of disease upon populations'.
- Mind mapping task: Add images, notes and links to your mind map to research the 'impact of HIV/AIDS or Malaria upon populations'.
- Digital resource creation task: Create a digital resource that could be used by a student to revise 'The impacts of HIV/AIDS or Malaria on populations'.