ae.05 Depositional Landforms
- Statement of inquiry
- Scientific and technical innovators need to understand how power affects the processes that occur within systems.
- Factual questions [Remembering facts and topics]
- How are erratics | lateral moraines | medial moraines | terminal moraines | drumlins formed?
- Conceptual questions [Analysing big ideas]
- Is there such a thing as a 'textbook landform'?
- Aims of this lesson
- To have knowledge and understanding of glacial landforms associated with the deposition.
Task - Note making
For each of the landforms listed below, you need to define each and then produce a well annotated diagram to explain how and why they are formed.
- lateral moraines
- medial moraines
- terminal moraines
The diagram below may help you decide upon a style for your diagram but your diagram will include far more detail and insight.
The resources below will help you with your task.
Resource 1 - Landforms created by deposition - What do they look like?
erratics | lateral moraines | medial moraines | terminal moraines | drumlins