Latitude and Longitude
You should see an lesson resource just below this sentence. If you do not see the resource - ensure you have allowed Flash to work with your browser.
- Complete these sentences
- The equator is...
- The Prime Meridian is...
- A hemisphere is...
- A line of latitude...
- A line of longitude...
Task 2 - Using Google Earth
- Launch Earth on web.
- Menu > Settings > Enable KML file import.
- Menu > Map Style > Enable Gridlines.
- Add this file to your Google Drive by clicking on the link and then clicking on the Google Drive icon in the top right hand corner 'Add to My Drive'.
- My Places > Import kml file > Open from Google Drive > find the file 'longitude-latitude-a-j.kml' and double click on it.
- Click each location in turn from the sidebar and add their latitude and longitude to the quiz below.
How did you do?
Use Google Earth to find within which countries the following latitude and longitudes are found.
|Location||Latitude and Longitude|
|1||45° North 0° East|
|2||40° North 5° West|
|3||25° North 30° East|
|4||30° South 25° East|
|5||0° North 60° West|
|6||40° North 80° West|
|7||36° North 140° East|
|8||34° South 117° East|
|9||10° North 78° East|
|10||25° North 100° West|
All about geographyalltheway.com
geographyalltheway.com is a continually evolving repository of geography teaching resources.
Everything on the site, other than the resources for IB DP Geography, is free to access. A subscription can be purchased to access the IB DP Geography materials - which are useful for teaching all 16 years+ geography courses.
Please follow geographyalltheway.com on social media - to ensure you get news of updates and developments.