Today you will build a factfile so that you can compare the development of the country you are focusing upon with the ones that your classmates are looking at. We will just be looking at the common 'development indicators' - there are other signs of development which we will look at in later lessons.
- Create a new page on the class wiki > enter the name of your new page > choose a page template to start with.
- Use the CIA World Factbook to build a factfile of the following information:
- Life expectancy at birth: total population
- Birth rate
- Death rate
- Literacy: total population
- GDP - per capita (PPP)
- Labor force - by occupation: agriculture
- Telephones - mobile cellular
- Railways: total
- Now look at the factfiles produced by your classmates - where would you rank the country you have studied? Produce an ordered list of the eight countries being studied - the most 'developed' at the top, the least 'developed' at the bottom.