Urbanization is the expansion of a city or metropolitan area, namely the proportion of total population or area in urban localities or areas (cities and towns), or the increase of this proportion over time. Wikipedia.
- What is urbanisation?
- Describe the forecasted change in the amount of people living in urban areas in developing countries?
- Use the ‘City Population’ website and ‘Classification of Countries by World Bank’ to complete this table for the twenty largest cities in world.
|City||Population||Country||Continent||Country classification by World Bank|
- Use the table you produced to tally that counts the number of the twenty largest cities that are found upon each continent.
- Use the table you produced to tally that counts the number of the twenty largest cities that are found in each of the World Bank's income classifications.
- Using the three tables/tallies you produced – make four reasoned statements about the global distribution of urbanisation and any links to levels of development.