What do these diagrams show? What questions do you think could be asked about them in the exam?
BBC News - England running out of new homes [19 March 2002]
- What is the demand for new housing in the United Kingdom?
- How many new houses are built each year?
- What are the impacts of a lack of housing?
- What is a ‘housing allowance for key workers’?
- Which region of the United Kingdom will see the highest percentage change in the need for housing?
- Why are the figures for this region considerably higher than other regions?
The Guardian - Housing demand: the issue explained [27 May 2005]
- Find in the news article problems that will be caused by a lack of available housing and then for each of them suggest a possible solution.