Employment structure and development
- Describe how the percentage of a population working in the Primary Sector (Agriculture) changes with time.
- Describe how the percentage of a population working in the Secondary Sector (Manufacturing) changes with time.
- Describe how the percentage of a population working in the Tertiary Sector (Services) changes with time.
- Use the links above to complete the following table. If there is no data for a country put ‘NA’ (Not Available). You should use the most recent information that is available.
- Why do you think that there is no information available for some countries?
- Does the pattern of data in the table match the graph at the top of the worksheet? Does any of the data or any of the countries surprise you?
Can you name a country in each of the three stages: Pre-industrial, Industrial and Post-industrial?