2019 IB DP Geography
- IB DP Geography concepts
- Core: Global change
- Higher Level: Global interactions
- Geographic Theme: Freshwater
- Geographic Theme: Food and health
- Geographic Theme: Extreme environments
- IB DP Geography Internal Assessment
- IB DP Geography Extended Essay
- IB DP Geography Infographics
- IB DP Geography Exam preparation
- IB DP Geography Revision
- Approaches to learning skills
- IB DP Geography 2 Year Plan
geographyalltheway.com provides a complete IB DP Geography course for the 2019 syllabus:
- Unit 1: Changing population
- Unit 2: Global climate - vulnerability and resilience
- Unit 3: Global resource consumption and security
- Unit 4: Power, places and networks
- Unit 5: Human development and diversity
- Unit 6: Global risks and resilience
- Geographic theme: Freshwater
- Geographic theme: Extreme environments
- Geographic theme: Food and health
IB DP Geography is a dynamic subject firmly grounded in the real world, and focuses on the interactions between individuals, societies and physical processes in both time and space. It seeks to identify trends and patterns in these interactions. It also investigates the way in which people adapt and respond to change, and evaluates actual and possible management strategies associated with such change.
IB DP Geography describes and helps to explain the similarities and differences between different places, on a variety of scales and from different perspectives.
IB DP Geography as a subject is distinctive in its spatial dimension and occupies a middle ground between social or human sciences and natural sciences. The course integrates physical, environmental and human geography, and students acquire elements of both socio-economic and scientific methodologies.
IB DP Geography takes advantage of its position to examine relevant concepts and ideas from a wide variety of disciplines, helping students develop life skills and have an appreciation of, and a respect for, alternative approaches, viewpoints and ideas.