2011 IB DP Geography - Hazards and Disasters - Risk Assessment and Response [Optional theme]
These resources were created for the teaching of the 2011 IB DP Geography syllabus - the last exam for which was in 2018.
They are on the 'old platform' and I currently have no plans to update them. If you are looking for resources for the current IB DP Geography syllabus click here.Richard Allaway
- Hazards and Disasters
- Earthquakes - An Overview
- MEDC Case Study - L'Aquila, Italy, 2009
- Case Study Structure > LEDC Case Study Suggestions
- Droughts - An Overview
- MEDC Case Study - Recent Drought in Australia
- LEDC Case Study - Recent Drought in East Africa
- Hurricanes - An Overview
- MEDC Case Study - Hurricane Katrina 2005
- LEDC Case Study - Cyclone Nargis
- Chernobyl Disaster, 1986
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, 2010
- Why people live in hazardous areas
- Vulnerable Populations
- Analysis of Risk
- Hazard Event Prediction
- Causes and Impacts of One Disaster Caused from a Natural Hazard
- Causes and Impacts of One Human-Induced Hazard
- Adjustments: Reducing Vulnerability
- Adjustments: Damage Limitation
- Disaster Responses
- Factors Affecting Adjustments and Responses
All about geographyalltheway.com
geographyalltheway.com is a continually evolving repository of geography teaching resources.
Everything on the site, other than the resources for IB DP Geography, is free to access. A subscription can be purchased to access the IB DP Geography materials - which are useful for teaching all 16 years+ geography courses.
Please follow geographyalltheway.com on social media - to ensure you get news of updates and developments.