Cultural diffusion: the process
- Describe cultural traits in terms of language, customs, beliefs, dress, images, music, food and technology.
- Examine the diffusion of cultural traits resulting from the international movement of workers, tourists and commodities.
Consumerism and culture
- Describe the role of TNCs and the media in spreading consumer culture.
- Select two different branded commodities and examine the spatial and temporal pattern of adoption on a global scale.
- Examine the role of diasporas in preserving culture in one country and the adoption of minority traits by host societies.
- Examine the impact of cultural diffusion on one indigenous and remote society through the influence of international interactions.
- Examine the ways in which international interactions may result in the homogenization and dilution of culture.
- Define and exemplify the concept of cultural imperialism.