Degradation through raw material production
- Identify the effects of agro-industrialization and changes in international production and consumption on the physical environment.
- Discuss the environmental consequences of increasing international demand for one raw material.
- Examine the concept of food miles and the environmental consequences of increasing volumes of air freight.
The effects of transnational manufacturing and services
- Discuss the reasons for and consequences of the relocation of polluting industries (such as some TNCs) and waste disposal (such as ICT, chemical and nuclear waste) to countries with weaker environmental controls and safety regulations.
- Describe one major pollution event affecting more than one country and examine the consequences of and responses to this event.
- Examine the growth of environmental awareness as a consequence of these global interactions.
- Examine the role of one international civil society organization in fostering improved environmental management.
Homogenization of landscapes
- Explain the evolution of uniform urban landscapes; the effects of common commercial activity, structures, styles of construction and infrastructure.