Geographic theme: Freshwater
- fw.1 Drainage basin hydrology and geomorphology
- fw.2 Flooding and flood mitigation
- fw.3 Water scarcity and water quality
- fw.4 Water management futures
Detailed examples and case studies
Australia and New Zealand
- fw.2.3 Flood mitigation
- fw.3.1 Water scarcity
- fw.3.3 Growing human pressures on lakes and aquifers
- fw.3.4 Conflict over internationally shared water resources
- fw.4.1 Participation of local communities to improve water management
- fw.4.2 Contemporary dam building for multipurpose water schemes
- fw.4.4 Wetlands
IB DP Geography Freshwater on social media
Check out this Flipboard magazine for contemporary news articles directly related to the contents of the 'Freshwater" optional theme of the IB DP Geography course.
You can read the content online or subscribe via the tablet or smartphone app.
This Flipboard magazine is collaboratively produced by IB DP Geography educators.
All about geographyalltheway.com
geographyalltheway.com is a continually evolving repository of geography teaching resources.
Everything on the site, other than the resources for IB DP Geography, is free to access. A subscription can be purchased to access the IB DP Geography materials - which are useful for teaching all 16 years+ geography courses.
Please follow geographyalltheway.com on social media - to ensure you get news of updates and developments.