Global patterns of disease
- Explain the global distribution of diseases of affluence.
- Explain the global distribution of diseases of poverty.
The spread of disease
- Explain how the geographic concepts of diffusion by relocation and by expansion apply to the spread of diseases.
- Examine the application of the concept of barriers in attempts to limit the spread of diseases.
- Describe the factors that have enabled reduction in incidence of a disease.
Geographic factors and impacts
- Examine the geographic factors responsible for the incidence and spread of two diseases.
- Evaluate the geographic impact of these two diseases at the local, national and international scales.
- Evaluate the management strategies that have been applied in any one country or region for one of these diseases.