Geographic theme: Extreme environments
- ee.1 The characteristics of extreme environments
- ee.2 Physical processes and landscapes
- ee.3 Managing extreme environments
- ee.4 Extreme environments futures
Detailed examples and case studies
- ee.1.1 Global distribution of extreme environments
- ee.1.2 Hot and arid extreme environments
- ee.1.3 Cold / high altitude extreme environments
- ee.2.2 Periglacial landscapes
- ee.2.3 Hot and arid landscapes
- ee.3.1 Mineral extraction in cold environments - Oil extraction in northern Alaska
- ee.4.4 Global climate change in extreme environments
IB DP Geography Extreme environments on social media
Check out this Flipboard magazine for contemporary news articles directly related to the contents of the 'Extreme environments" geographic theme of the IB DP Geography course.
You can read the content online or subscribe via the tablet or smartphone app.
This Flipboard magazine is collaboratively produced by IB DP Geography educators.
All about geographyalltheway.com
geographyalltheway.com is a continually evolving repository of geography teaching resources.
Everything on the site, other than the resources for IB DP Geography, is free to access. A subscription can be purchased to access the IB DP Geography materials - which are useful for teaching all 16 years+ geography courses.
Please follow geographyalltheway.com on social media - to ensure you get news of updates and developments.