IB DP Geography 2 Year Plan
Here are the major considerations that you need to take into account when you are designing your 2 year plan:
- There is no one 'correct' answer... your plan will be unique to the circumstances of your school and students you teach.
- Your school timetable and 2 year plan should allow you to meet the formal requirements of 130 hours for SL students and 220 for HL students.
- SL students need to do 2 geographic themes and HL students need to do 3. Which geographic themes will you do? It is quite likely that one of the geographic themes will be the source of the student's IA. The choice of geographic themes will also help balance physical geography versus human geography within the course.
- When will you do your IA data collection? How long will there be between data collection, submission of the first draft and then handing in the final version?
- Are there any other major events that you need to take into considerations? Such as collapsed timetable weeks, mock exams, EE deadlines etc.
Only Standard Level students
Here is a suggested 2 year plan, built upon a 6 term year, based on your only having SL students:
Only Higher Level students
Here is a suggested 2 year plan, built upon a 6 term year, based on your only having HL students:
What we do at the International School of Geneva - Campus des Nations
Here is what we do at the International School of Geneva - Campus des Nations. SL students have 180 minutes of DP Geography lessons and HL students have an additional 90 minutes.