sc.04 Exploring inequalities within cities using Google Earth on web
Documenting inequalities within cities
Develop your basic skills
Ensure you can:
- Search for a location.
- Create a project.
- Add locations to a project and style places.
- Use Street View within Earth in Chrome projects.
- Add information to an info pane.
- Use fullscreen slides to give a project structure.
Exploring inequalities within cities
Use a Earth in Chrome Project to Claim, Support, Question
- Scale - Country
- Scale - City
- Scale - Location
- Disparities - fewer challenges
- Disparities - more challenges
- Support the claim you have made with evidence using either a video clip (of a news report) or a link to a news article about the situation. Extract 3 data points from the evidence and list them in an 'info box'.
- Question the claim - can you find similar disparities in the city in which you live/go to school?
You will be using a sequence based upon the 'Claim - Support - Question' routine to explore inequalities in urban areas.