- Ensure you are logged into a Google account with access to Google Maps
- Click 'View The Value of Rocks in a larger map'
- Click KML to download the map data file - save the file somewhere sensible!
- Click 'My places' and then 'CREATE MAP'
- Click 'Import'
- Upload the map data file that you saved (somewhere sensible!) in step 3
- Now when you click on any of the 6 placemarks you can edit them and add information to their descriptions
Edit each of descriptions to add the following information:
- What resource is being mined?
- Add an 'amazing' fact about the mine - size, depth, amount of material that has been removed, value of the material removed.
Extension exercise - add an additional two placemarks for mines or quarries in your country of residence.