Global distribution of extreme environments
- Explain the global distribution of each of the two kinds of extreme environment.
- Describe the relief and climatic characteristics that make these environments extreme.
- Explain how these characteristics present challenges for resource development and human habitation.
- Explain the other factors responsible for a low density of population in these areas: human discomfort, inaccessibility, remoteness.
- Identify ways in which people adapt their activities to extremes of weather and climate.